Respecting your privacy has always been important to us.
This data protection policy is part of the general conditions governing our hotel services. By accepting our terms and conditions, you expressly agree to the provisions of this policy.
If you do not agree with certain clauses of this document, we recommend that you do not continue browsing this website.
1. What data do we collect?
All data that you provide willingly in order to access our services, as well as your browsing data on our website.
Nature of information collected
Personal data / Definition:
Any information collected and recorded in a format that identifies you personally, either directly or indirectly as an individual.
The data that we collect includes the following:
• Your identity (e.g. family name, first name, email, phone number with country code, passport or ID card number…).
• Mandatory or optional personal information such as your date of birth, hobbies, interests, number and age of your children, etc…
• Information about your credit card: number, account holder, cryptogram.
• Your comments recorded on satisfaction questionnaires that we may send you following your stay with us, or those that you write on websites or online applications.
• Information that we collect using cookies and other similar technology, as explained in greater detail below; we collect the mandatory information that you enter when completing the booking forms which are necessary for your reservation and without which we would not be able to provide the requested service.
We also collect optional information once you have agreed to supply it, thus enabling the ILOHA Seaview Hotel to provide additional services. We may only collect personal data concerning adults. We collect personal data of minors only when given by a legal representative of said minors. When providing us with personal data about a minor, you are making a guarantee to the ILOHA Seaview Hotel that you are an adult and have legal representative power over that minor. Any attempt of fraud may result in prosecution by the ILOHA Seaview Hotel.
2-How is your data collected?
Your data is collected when you visit our website and interact with our services, most notably when:
• You browse our website
You make reservations for rooms or any other extra services on the hotel’s official website, either using our e-concierge application or by directly asking our staff for a specific request.
• You book a room or any other service via an online hotel room referencing service of which the Iloha Seaview Hotel is a partner;
• You make a payment when booking or at the end of your stay;
• You fill out a contact form from our website;
• You send the ILOHA Seaview Hotel an e-mail;
• You call us;
• You subscribe to our newsletter mailing list and to special offers;
• You sign up to our LoungeUp e-concierge application
• You join our social networks
• You share a page or information about a special offer, either via email or using a social network;
• You share your observations / comments about your experience at the ILOHA Seaview Hotel by completing the satisfaction questionnaire sent by a third party provider;
• You leave a comment on an online review site describing your stay with us.
3 – What do we do with your data?
We mainly handle your data when processing your requests for information and reservations, but also to personalize our relationship with you in order to better satisfy your needs. Your data is also processed so that we may carry out statistical analyses.
Purpose of collecting your personal data
There are several purposes:
• to process and respond to your requests: for example when you call us, send us an e-mail or when you fill out a form on our website.
• to manage your booking and other services that you have requested during your reservation
• to manage your stay at the hotel: providing access to your rooms, recording your purchases at restaurants, and other services related to needs expressed while booking, such as extra beds for children, bedding comfort options and personalized welcome gifts connected to a specific event such as a honeymoon…
• to improve our hotel service: by taking into account all the comments you may leave during your stay or when completing the satisfaction questionnaires that you might receive after your stay,
• to manage the distribution of sales and marketing campaigns, thus targeting special offers according to your preferences,
• to establish anonymous ILOHA Seaview Hotel attendance statistics and reports, as we archive your requests for bookings and stays with us,
• to deal with claims and legal disputes: for example, to respond to any complaints you may have, to transmit any legal advice and to ensure our interests are protected,
• to manage your requests to unsubscribe from the newsletter or from receiving commercial offers,
• to manage your rights of withdrawal, transmission, rectification, or opposition of your personal data from our data processing,
• to manage your applications.
For E-mails related to your booking and the information we send you, you are likely to receive 2 types of communication from us:
E-MAILS related to your booking
When you book your stay using our services (on our official website, by phone, or by email), or via an online booking platform partner of the ILOHA Seaview Hotel, to whom you have authorized to share your personal data, you are likely to receive emails from us regarding your stay.
For exemple :
To confirm your stay by email, you will receive an email before you arrive regarding the personalization of your stay, a welcome email and an email on departure with a satisfaction questionnaire.
These messages that we send to you electronically, are mainly intended:
– to provide you with access to all our services
– to accompany you in a very personalized way before, during and after your stay.
– to meet your expectations in a very personalized way.
An unsubscribe link can be found on everything we send you, giving you the option of stopping these emails at any time.
NEWSLETTERS about our news & special offers
If you wish to subscribe to receive our latest offers and special events, simply:
• click on the “NEWSLETTER” button on our website’s homepage. You will then be asked to fill out a form with your personal data so that we may send you targeted marketing campaigns according to your interests.
• tick the box “I wish to be registered to receive the latest news and offers”, which can be found at the 2nd step of your booking on our page entitled “DETAILS”
This process is always optional.
If you have not undertaken this procedure, we promise to only send you emails related to your booking.
An unsubscribe link can be found on everything we send you, giving you the option of stopping these emails at any time.
4 – What is our policy regarding cookies?
When you visit our website for the first time, you will be invited to read our cookies policy. Here we explain how these cookies work, for what purpose the cookies are used and what you can do to manage these cookies.
In general, you can visit the website without telling us who you are or giving us any personal information. However, when you visit the site, our web server automatically registers certain information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and other information such as the name of your Internet Service Provider, your browser, your operating system, the language used, the site from which you have connected, the key words and technologies added to the navigation system available for viewing content, the pages of the site you are viewing and the order of viewing, as well as the date and duration of your visit.
What is a cookie?
What do we do with these cookies?
• to analyse our website’s performance using anonymous information about your browsing (for example: page views, number of visits…). We use the “Google Analytics” analysis tool.
• to analyse which pages from our site have been sharing, again using anonymous information about your browsing. For this we use the “Addthis” tool.
The cookies we use do not allow us to identify you personally and are designed to be used only by the ILOHA Seaview Hotel.
The collected data is stored by the Iloha Seaview Hotel for a period of 6 months and will not be transferred to third parties or used for other purposes.
Can I object to my cookies being collected?
You may object to these ‘cookies’ being collected, either generally or on a case by case basis, simply by adjusting the parameters of your browser. Please take a look at this procedure which can be found in your browser settings.
However, we inform you that if you choose to refuse all types of cookies, some features of the site may not be accessible.
You may also opt out of cookies installed in connection with the use of Google Analytics, simply by installing the add-on provided by Google at the following address: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
5 -Is your data shared?
Your data is shared only with service providers with whom we have signed a partnership agreement, enabling us to ensure your booking is correctly processed and to optimize your experience when using our services.
Third party access to your personal data
In the single framework of being able to ensure your satisfaction when using our services, we are required to communicate your personal data to internal and external parties. Internal recipients concern the staff who will allow you to benefit from the hotel services that you have booked, such as:
The hotel staff who will handle requests you have made before, during or after your stay (an extra bed, a cot, a specific service in the room, booking a spa treatment or dinner, sending your invoice etc.).
Further support staff such as the sales, marketing and communication departments who manage your requests when signing up or unsubscribing to our newsletter and special offers, who send you e-mails relating to the confirmation of your stay or to bookings that you may have made on our website or via our application.
Our IT department has set up connections between our booking system and the hotel’s customer management system.
External recipients include subcontractors, service providers and banks. The transmission of information is for the sole purpose of ensuring that the Iloha Seaview Hotel is able to meet your needs regarding the services you have requested and fully satisfy your expectations. And finally, administrative bodies or local or national judiciaries if they ask to access your personal data to the extent that the law would require.
6 – How is your data protected?
The ILOHA Seaview Hotel undertakes to take the necessary measures to ensure data privacy and to prevent their disclosure to unauthorized third parties.
Sensitive transactions (bank details, etc.) are transmitted securely using encryption and authentication algorithms. These secure transactions are identifiable by the presence of a closed lock in most browsers. More specifically, it is stipulated that for payment purposes, bank details are collected and kept by our online booking engine service provider called RESERVIT, a certified PCI DSS and a NF525 certified GHM. These international norms are security standards which ensure the privacy and integrity of cardholder data, thus ensuring the protection of card and transaction data.
However, the ILOHA Seaview Hotel does not control all risks related to the usage of the internet, and draws the attention of internet users to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use and its operation.
The ILOHA Seaview Hotel has put in place the appropriate means to preserve the encryption and security of the data you agree to communicate to us, in accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions. We process your personal data on GLB servers hosted by third parties (network operators or infrastructure service providers) and we ensure that the necessary means are in place to provide secure services. As these servers are located in France, your personal data is processed on a French server. We also impose the same security conditions to our service providers or subcontractors who have access to your personal data, and this within the framework of managing your booking and / or stay at the ILOHA Seaview Hotel. Their servers are located in France and are thus subject to the same European regulations applicable to the security of personal data.
The ILOHA Seaview Hotel has placed its premises under video surveillance to ensure the safety of its customers, staff and property. Images recorded on this system are not used for personnel monitoring or scheduling purposes.
The images can be viewed, in the case of incident, by the authorized staff of the ILOHA Seaview Hotel (Mr David Peta, director acting as DPO, or one of his deputies) and by the police. Staff members in charge of maintaining this material may also access the images, for this sole purpose.
7 – For how long is your data kept?
Les données personnelles que vous nous communiquez sont conservées pour une durée maximale de 10 ans, à partir de la date de votre dernière activité sur notre site web ou bien de la date de départ de votre dernier séjour.
Conservation des données collectées
The personal data that you communicate to us is kept for a maximum period of 10 years, starting from the date of your last visit to our website or from the departure date of your last stay.
Retention of collected data
Regarding private data, the ILOHA Seaview Hotel keeps collected information for a maximum period of 10 years.
Regarding the hotel’s video surveillance system, images are stored for a maximum period of 1 month. In case of an incident related to the security of people and property, CCTV images can nevertheless be extracted. They are then stored on another format during the settlement of procedures related to this incident and accessible only to those authorized within this context.
In accordance with the amended French Data Processing and Civil Liberties Law of 6th January 1978, you have the right to modify, delete, oppose and rectify any information concerning you. You may access your information by contacting:
David Peta, Director and Data Protection Officer
ILOHA Seaview Hotel, 44, rue Georges POMPIDOU – 97436 Saint-Leu or at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more, check your rights on the CNIL website: www.cnil.fr -> cnil.fr/comprendre-vos-droits
In the interest of privacy and protection of your personal data, when making your request we ask you to provide a copy of an official document enabling us to identify you. Your request will then be processed as soon as possible and in accordance with the applicable texts.
For any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com, or a letter to the following address: ILOHA Seaview Hotel, 44, rue Georges POMPIDOU – 97436 Saint-Leu. We may make changes to this document at any time. Any new policy will come into effect as of the date the policy is put online. We advise you to consult it regularly.